I missed you guys!!!!!! It’s been some time since my last post and I know you’re probably wondering why I seem to be missing in action. Well to be quite honest, I needed some time to self reflect and sometimes that requires isolation. Living in New York City where the environment alone is so fast-paced and the nature is always a hustle and bustle, I was in desperate need to slow things down, to quiet the noise, to relax, to regroup and refocus! Can you relate ? Have you ever felt the need to withdraw from it all in order to feel centered, to be in tune with what your heart desires; to gain some form of direction, perhaps a new perspective ; or simply to reflect on how far you’ve come? Well if you have, you’re not alone. It’s important to give ourselves a break from our daily routines to evaluate our lives and to provide some self care!
Here are are a few habits I developed to ensure I’m living a peaceful and purposeful life in the midst of chaos.
- Meditation ! Mediating can cast out negative thoughts ultimately relieving stress and anxiety. I highly recommend implementing this daily routine as it helped me tackle challenges with ease.
- Free Writing. Jotting down my thoughts in a journal is super helpful as My mind is constantly on the go! I’m always thinking of new goals and new ideas and most times I get flustered and overwhelmed. Writing down everything has helped me gage my thoughts so I’m not always lost in them.
- Exercise! Health is wealth, so home workouts are a must for me. A quick 30 minute regimen makes me energized giving me the power to take on whatever the day sets forth!
- Self Affirmations! Saying out loud uplifting daily affirmations and speaking positivity over my life motivates, uplifts and encourages me to keep going and to never give up!
- Pray! Lastly but most importantly, I Pray! I pray about everything!
Implementing these 5 steps in your daily routine will create a more balanced life, physically, mentally, emotionally and spiritually.
Now Back to Fashion!!!!!!!! This look is a result of feeling great!!! Can we all have a moment for this ensemble. I purchased this gorgeous Metallic dress from ASOS 2 years ago on sale for $40. I love the gold metallic finish and all the pleats! It’s super dainty, fun, flirty and the perfect outfit for dinner, a luncheon, a date night, church, or just a stylist stroll. I paired it with my favorite Shoes by Tamara Mellon, the Pistol Pump. To complete the look, I wore this beautiful purse! It’s truly a work of art by one of my favorite designers, Benedetta Bruzziches. I was sold on the gorgeous solid gold knotted handle which really stands out! It is truly breathtaking!
I hope you love this look as much as I do! Remember Self Care is the Best Care!!
Thanks again for stopping by! Xo