Climbing the popularity charts is this season’s coveted calf-length Coat, the Duster. It’s amazing how the original version used to protect horsemen from trail dust has transformed into the one of the most sought out transitional pieces in fashion. High and low end brands are modernizing the duster by incorporating a wide range of textures and unique patterns. In doing so, Fashion lovers everywhere are bound to find the perfect duster to coincide with their personal taste and within their budget. Here are 5 distinct reasons why the Duster is essential for your wardrobe.
- The Duster is a Versatile. It can be worn with short shorts, midi and mini skirts , dresses, denim, trousers, and leggings. It is a statement piece that can elevate , refine and polish almost every outfit.
- Brands including Christian Dior, Burberry, Hermès, ASOS, Forever 21, Mango, J. Crew and Zara are using a variety of textures to accommodate various weather conditions. Wool fabrics are used to create warmth and comfort while braving the bone chilling weather during the winter months and lightweight woven fabrics are created to blow beautifully in the spring breeze.
- Affordability. Everyone can own a duster due to the wide range of high and low price points.
- Dusters are comfortable due to its loose and relaxed fit. Despite your age, height, size; whether you’re curvaceous or petite, it does not discriminate. Everyone can look fabulously and effortlessly chic in the duster coat.
- The Duster is Timeless and will never go out of style.
The Blue Duster displayed was purchased last year from Zara. It’s lightweight and added the perfect touch for my beautiful H&M high waist trousers. Although this color is no longer available, during my recent visit to the Zara location in Soho, I spotted new colors including Hunter Green, Burnt Orange and burgundy. It’s definitely a must-have item and the colors available are perfect for every season.
To complete my look, I wore a black mesh Top from H&M, So Kate Christian Louboutin heels and my classic Black Celine Bag. This ensemble was perfect for my work day, but it’s also perfect for a casual date night on the town.
I hope you love it as much as I do. Thanks for stopping by! Xo