Diane Von Furstenburg is best known for her interpretation of the wrap dress which became the most popular fashion item in the 1970s as well as the late 1990s. The idea of wrapping one side of fabric across the other with a tied waist was genius. Genius in the sense that it remains one of the most figure flattering items for all body types. Here are a few reasons why wrap dresses should be your top three closet essentials.
- Age Appropriate. Wrap dresses can look great on anyone at any time despite their age group. It is truly a design that does not discriminate.
- Versatile. Wrap dresses are super feminine, fun, classy, easy to style and maneuver in! It’s the perfect transitional piece from day to night. It can be worn to the office with heels, which is the perfect ensemble for an extravaganza after your 9-5. It can also easily be paired with wedges, flats and sandals to tackle daytime errands.
- Flattering. Wrap dresses are perfect for every body type. It not only accentuates and cinches the waistline, it also elongates the neckline and lifts and highlights your bust area. It’s the perfect go-to to accentuate a woman’s curves in the most tasteful way! Shape-wear is also the perfect combo with this style dress to conceal areas that we as woman may feel a little self conscious about.
- Affordable. There are many designers recreating the wrap dress at various price points. You can definitely indulge in trend within the pice range of your shopping budget. Remember it’s not about how much you spend! You can look like luxury without spending an unnecessary amount!
- Effortless. Looking for a effortless slay without giving off “I tried to hard to look great”, then the-wrap dress will win every time. It’s so easy breezy!
The Wrap Dress pictured was purchased from Pretty Little Thing and paired with my So Kate Nude Louboutins and the Bendetta Gold handle purse. I hope you love it as much as I do.
Thanks for stopping by! xo